Sustainability, in general terms, is the ability to maintain balance of a certain process or state in any system. The obesity rates in America presents the consequences of eating patterns out of balance on a global scale. America has a great influence on the sustainability of human health. So let’s start by looking in our own backyard!
ZUMANNA® IS Sustainable Eating
The four key elements of sustainable eating are:
- What are our energy(calorie) needs? Is caloric restriction more sustainable?
- How much of each major nutrient is appropriate? Low carb? Low Fat?
- Food as medicine.
- What foods are best for disease prevention?
- Whole grains, Whole foods, Unprocessed, Lean Protein.
- Vegetarian? Vegan? Raw? Macrobiotic? Organic?
- Consume locally grown products, environmentally sensitive packaging